This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I Wish I Had A Nickel For...

There are just some things I repeat over and over again in my life. From start to finish I seem to be automatically set to say the same words or do the same things a ba-zillion times before death occurs, and I wish I had a nickel for each one. 
I wish I had a nickel for every:
1. Time I told a child to say yes ma'am or no ma'am, please, or thank you.
2. Soda bought in a drive-thru. (I would use those nickels for my kidneys one day.)
3. Time I forgot why I went into a room and had to retrace my steps to try and remember.
4. Time I stuck my foot in my mouth, vowing not to do it again.
5. Craft made with children.
6. Wasted minute of television. Yes, I could take us both out to eat more than once on that one.
7. Item of clothing washed, folded, and put away...therein lies some big payoff!
8. Time I painted a wall in my house...and for every time I didn't like the color and remixed my own.  
9. Pound I lost and gained back.
10. Diet started.
11. Dish washed.
12. Other endless pattern.

If only we could be paid for bad habits or good deeds done (while we are here on earth and could spend it.)  It just doesn't happen that way, does it?  The lists of our repeated acts, good or bad, are endless, really.  God will one day sort through it all and decide which is wheat and which is chaff that the wind blows away.  He sees past our actions to the heart. The "goods" on my list, I hope to keep repeating,  the "bads" I hope to change.  (I avoid fast food restaurants on the whole, I am selective about television...very selective, and I think twice before jumping into diets - not that I couldn't stand to shed a few - but it is lifestyle changes that need to be made instead.) And keeping my foot away from my mouth is a day to day battle....thinking first helps.

The Bible says we will one day be rewarded, with much more than nickels. 
1 Corinthians 3:11-13  For no one can lay a foundation other than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.  Now if anyone builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw-   each one's work will become manifest, for the Day will disclose it, because it will be revealed by fire, and the fire will test what sort of work each one has done. 

Matthew 10:42  "And whoever gives one of these little ones even a cup of cold water because he is a disciple, truly, I say to you, he will by no means lose his reward."  


The smallest task done in His name moves mountains...even laundry and dishes and crafts.


No comments:

Post a Comment