This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Monday, October 27, 2014

Twelve Stones

Twelve stones - each representing a tribe of Israel, each a part of a memorial, each from the dry river bed of the River Jordan.  Dry and safe for God's people to enter the Promised Land.  Millions of them crossed, carrying their belongings after years of wandering.  Their new homeland was just beyond this river.
After they had passed through, a memorial was made of stones gathered by one member of each tribe. Each took a stone from where the ark of the covenant was held, in the middle of the dry river bed.

Joshua 4:21 - 24  And he said to the people of Israel, "When your children ask their fathers in times to come, 'What do these stones mean?'  22 then you shall let your children know, 'Israel passed over this Jordan on dry ground.'  23 For the LORD your God dried up the waters of the Jordan for you until you passed over, as the LORD your God did to the Red Sea, which he dried up for us until we passed over,  24 so that all the peoples of the earth may know that the hand of the LORD is mighty, that you may fear the LORD your God forever."  

So that all may know that the hand of the LORD is mighty, that they may fear the LORD their God forever...not was mighty,  but IS mighty.
God has always been faithful to me.  What is my memorial of His faithfulness and might?  My journals? I have no stones gathered anywhere...but I don't think He wants stones from me...just obedience.  I AM a living stone.  Lord, make me a strong one.

1 Peter 2:4-5  As you come to him, a living stone rejected by men but in the sight of God chosen and precious,  
5 you yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 

Let all the peoples of the earth know that the hand of the LORD my God is mighty, that I may fear the LORD my God forever.

Look at the memorials my Sunday School tribes made!












Here's Hannah, my co-teacher and our little tribe of sojourners.  Precious.
Britton was absent that day.  And I will add Maggie's, Alizabeth's, and Stevie's stones when I get pictures from Hannah.

No comments:

Post a Comment