This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Carving Some Jacks

It has been over thirty years since pumpkins were carved at my house.  My brothers, Owen and Wilbur would carve them for my boys when they were young.  Halloween has come and gone at our house over the years, swinging like a pendulum with each swing and we do lean more to the conservative side of view.  Still...in my world, kids just want to dress up and eat candy...so why make it such an issue of religion in October?  Maybe I have mellowed with age, but my strength in the Lord and dependence on Him grows daily and remains my goal and has little to do with outward appearances.
I kept three of my grandchildren this weekend and coaxed their Daddy (son Lee) into helping us do some damage to some pumpkins...purchased at Trader Joe's for $2.99.  Great deal.
The children each designed his/her own face and I tranferred them with a marker.  Daddy and Grampy displayed their knife skills while Emma and Bella scooped the seeds and pulp.  Luke looked on with curiosity and then went to play a game.  I think the results are worth boasting about.  Enjoy the fun with us.
Trader Joe's

Before









And after!
Bella, Emma, and Who is that???

Happy Pumpkin Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment