This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Breathing



Someone gave me this framed picture not too long ago that said one word - "Breathe." I cannot remember when I started holding my breath.  I did not realize I wasn't breathing. How did she know? It was as if holding my breath made time stop...put me in a place of control...allowed me to escape the 'now' of the moment. None of those things happened.  So I began to breathe deeply.  I breathe. So simple.
When God made man, He breathed life into him.
Genesis 2:5-7  When no bush of the field was yet in the land and no small plant of the field had yet sprung up- for the LORD God had not caused it to rain on the land, and there was no man to work the ground,  
6 and a mist was going up from the land and was watering the whole face of the ground-  
7 then the LORD God formed the man of dust from the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living creature. 

John 20:21-22  Jesus said to them again, "Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I am sending you."  
22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit."

Breathing is good and it was and is a direct gift from God.  Jesus breathed the Spirit onto man. So, I will quit holding my breath.  It's ungrateful and unproductive.  I am going to breathe, be grateful, and get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment