This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Deer Hunting by Phone

I was having a conversation with a friend in my living room yesterday when my brother Owen called.
"I am going deer hunting," he said."Where should I go?" 
"Umm.  Go where the deer are," I answered...rather cleverly.
"Feeder or logging (something - trail?)" He asked very seriously.
"Really Owen, why are you asking me these things? You know I know nothing about deer hunting!"
He said he needed some direction because what he was doing wasn't working.
"Feeder," I said. "Is this really why you called?"
"Yes.  Go where the deer are.  Feeder.  Got it." He repeated my directions as if they really mattered.
"Ok, well have fun," I replied as we hung up.
I then looked at my friend and said, "This time I will get the blame if he doesn't come home with a deer."

Would everyone please ask God to help him kill a deer...on my behalf?
And have a good day!


No comments:

Post a Comment