This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Quit Doing That


I have a Page labelled "Notes to Me From Life" where I write notes to myself about changes that need to be made...or really whatever...but yes, it is usually regarding my mistakes and shortcomings.  I thought you might have your own personal "quit list."  I am sure I will be adding to mine....as time passes.  So I share with you...

Dear Me,
1. You are going to quit...having a periodically scheduled cleaning day.  You are, instead, going to clean as you go.  You will not allow dust to pile up for weeks at a time.  You will not stare at the same stain on the kitchen floor day after day.  You will attack those bathrooms regularly - unless they need it more often.  (You know how accidents happen when children are around.)
Leaving your house with a layer of gunk, while waiting for that 'scheduled cleaning day' just isn't working for you.  It's kind of like when some people wait to go to confession so they can be free of all kinds of sins committed.  What is that?  Why do people do that?  Walking around with all that filth in you - just because you won't take care of it by repenting and asking for forgiveness.  So, you will clean up your act - both spiritually and physically - as you go through your day.
2.  You are going to quit...wasting time.  Read more.  Pray more. Write more.  Sing more. Plan more.  Visit more.  Slow down more.  Life is in the details of everything.  Don't miss it by hurrying.  Don't miss it by being lazy.  Don't miss it.  Be intentional in this area.  Don't waste your time or your life.  Press on.
3.  You are going to quit...talking so much.  I like you much better when you are wisely silent...don't you? Silence is very appealing.  You used to think you had to fill dead air space.  Sometimes dead air space is really okay.  It is reflective.  Don't poison it with opinions and speculations.  Fill it with invisible joys...praise, memories, prayers, ideas, and the view around you.  It may be awkward when the conversation lags, but let it lag for a minute.  Do not always be the first to speak.  I promise someone else will..if you won't.
4.  You are going to quit...being sarcastic.  Okay, well maybe not all at once.  You find sarcasm extremely funny at times, I know.  It isn't very feminine, though - to have a sarcastic wit all the time.  So really...watch that.  Curb that tongue, especially when you are angry or upset with someone.  It rarely if ever gets the response you want.
Okay, that is enough for now.  Jesus went about doing good.  Be an image bearer and go about doing good...in His name.  To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment