This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Friday, August 15, 2014

A Moth in My Window


This morning as I was cleaning in the kitchen, I noticed a moth on the inside of this vase, next to the water line.  It made me wonder if he wanted a drink, or did he just wander in and could not wander out?  So, I moved the vase around and he fell into the water.  He seemed to be suffering, and I felt inhumane. Then I decided to pour the water down the sink and use the disposal to be done with it.  I mean, we kill bugs all the time, right?  (So much for my guilt.)
I refilled the water and put the vase back.  There he was, inside the vase.  He had clung to the vine. Suddenly, mercy overflowed in me.  He was clinging for life to the only thing he knew to hang on to.
It was a reminder to me - that when the water is almost over my head, I must cling to the Vine.
I again poured out the water out and he stayed in the sink.  Scooping him carefully into a napkin, I set him free through the back door.
It just seemed a perfect example of life.  Cling to the Vine.  I will be there, too.

John 15:5  I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment