This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Knowing and Being Known


I love this picture of Tommy and Emma
I have been challenged by the questions, "Do you know God?" and "Does God know you?" God knows everyone in a sense, right?  I mean He is sovereign, isn't He?
Everyone however, does not know Him...in an intimate way.  I want that.  And I see in His word that Him knowing me is way more important that me knowing Him.  I say I do.  I say I believe, but my actions do not always reflect it.
So ask Him with me, "God, do You know me?"  No one will ever know me better or love me more in spite of me.  "God, please know me...as I am right now.  Know me into eternitiy."

Jeremiah 1:5  "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations." 
Nahum 1:7  The LORD is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; he knows those who take refuge in him. 
Matthew 7:23  And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.' 
Matthew 12:33  Either make the tree good and its fruit good, or make the tree bad and its fruit bad, for the tree is known by its fruit. 
John 10:14-15   I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep. 
1 Corinthians 8:3   But if anyone loves God, he is known by God. 
2 Timothy 2:19   But God's firm foundation stands, bearing this seal: "The Lord knows those who are his," and, "Let everyone who names the name of the Lord depart from iniquity." 
1 John 4:7  Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment