This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Friday, August 22, 2014

My Love For the Orange

It is coming.  Orange-ness is on its way.  As vividly as my mind can portray it (in sweltering Texas heat), Fall is approaching.  I smell it in the candles I am burning in my house.  Okay, yes.  Say nothing to me about this, but I am burning candles.  My recipe books of soups and stews have come off the shelf.  My calendar is marked and circled with coming events that involve pumpkins and festivals.  September is days away.  Tick tock!
I am a fool for Fall, so let the fool press on in her delusions.  It's time to clean out the backyard and trim up the bushes in front.  My kingdom for a lawn guy...oh wait!  I have one...no, two!  We have mowers that come weekly, but Tommy did some heavy cutting today.  Poor guy!  I think it did him in.  Well, what else does he have to do?
I read an article today that said pastors feel like they work all week to give birth on Sunday, only to find out they are pregnant again on Monday.  After living with one for many years, I would say, "Yep! That sums it up!"  He agreed.
Straight from hard labor to begin hard labor. (Wink.)

No comments:

Post a Comment