This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Monday, June 23, 2014

Be Resolved

  To this end we always pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of his calling and may fulfill every resolve for good and every work of faith by his power, so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.
2 Thessalonians 1:11-12

What a wonderful verse written by Paul to the church at Thessalonica through the Holy Spirit.  Aren't you glad that God will make us worthy of His calling and that He will glorify the Lord Jesus through our endeavors by His power?  We cannot make ourselves worthy of anything.  He does it all if we confess our sins and turn to Christ. Be resolved to do good and glorify the Lord Jesus...and He will do the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment