This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Flag is Number Sixty




Flag is an Italian Greyhound belonging to my son Luke, his wife YuJueng, and two year old daughter Mae. He is very good at terrorizing squirrels, rabbits, and anything else that wanders into his yard or the ones nearby as there are no fences to mark boundaries.
Luke googled smartest dog breeds and found as he suspected that Italian Greyhounds are not the brightest around.  Now, really.  Why look up something that is going to bring shame on the loved pet in your life? Flag ranks number 60 in a list of 79 breeds. Flag told me that it isn't true.  I keep trying to help him move up the line by improving his talents and skills, but each time I give him a point, he does something worth taking it away again.
The data also revealed how many times it takes for each breed to hear a command before grasping it. Italian Greyhounds - forty to eighty times.  Now that Flag has heard us laugh about that, I think he is counting the number of times we call him, knowing we don't expect him to obey until we have repeated it at least forty times.
When he is near Mae, he becomes protector, raising one paw and being on the alert for any rabid squirrels or pesky rabbits.  Mae loves rabbits and makes us draw 'toggis' (rabbits in Korean) on the sidewalk.


Mae watching mama pull weeds.  I drew the rabbit...I mean toggi.


The dog next door is a Siberian Husky.  Very beautiful and fifteen points ahead of Flag and he only has to hear a command twenty-five to forty times.
Who in the world stands there and counts how often it takes a dog to respond?  And who in the world would write about it in her blog....at midnight? Someone who can't get to sleep, that's who.











Flag, you might get a boost in your ratings if you would pull some weeds.  "Okay," he says.  "Just ask me forty more times and maybe I will."


No comments:

Post a Comment