This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Real or Counterfeit?

I visited a church in Iowa today and the pastor preached on counterfeit Christians.  In order for something to be counterfeit, something genuine must first exist.  Something genuine.  I call myself a Christian, but are my actions genuine all the time?  Do I serve the Lord with a joyful heart, bearing fruit, and giving thanks?  Am I grateful?  For everything?  I am the only one who can honestly answer that and the answer is no, not always.
Counterfeit disciples exist alongside genuine disciples just as tares exist alongside the wheat.  Does my Maker know me? As belonging to Him?
Matthew 7:21-23  "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.  On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?' And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.' 

Matthew 12:36-37 "I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak, for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned." 
Did you read that?  We will account for every careless word.  I say many careless words.

Ephesians 5:17-21  Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the will of the Lord is. And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit, addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with all your heart, giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, submitting to one another out of reverence for Christ. 
There is that word 'gratefulness' again.  Give thanks always and for everything.  All for Christ.  Be real. Be His. And let's watch our words.  May they be gracious and kind, worth saying.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18  Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment