This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Friday, June 13, 2014

Live Simply and Simply Follow

I am in the middle of reading two books.  It is not unusual for me to be abusing my mind this way. I often mix them together in my head.  In this case, it works well.
I am reading "not a fan" by Kyle Idleman and "Living Simply" which has no one author but is a compilation of many quotes and verses - put out by Renewing Minds Press.  Next to the title page is a statement: Contentment is an invisible line.  It's the line between "I need" and "I want."
Mr. Idelman's book asks the question - Are you a fan or a follower?...of Christ Jesus. Everyone says, "Oh well of course!  I am a follower!"  But do we really know what it means to follow Jesus completely?  Do you?  Do I?
So, I am on a journey...to live simply and simply follow.
Matthew 16:24-27  Then Jesus told his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his life? Or what shall a man give in return for his life? For the Son of Man is going to come with his angels in the glory of his Father, and then he will repay each person according to what he has done. 
Luke 12:33-34  Sell your possessions, and give to the needy. Provide yourselves with moneybags that do not grow old, with a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches and no moth destroys.  For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. 
Sound counsel for a simple seeking follower like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment