This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Reachable Summer Goals

Tommy and I recently drove home from Iowa...an eighteen hour trip.  Now, that is a long time to be in the car, but we love it.  It allows us time to talk about everything under the sun.  I once wrote a post about all of the things Tommy does while driving. I came up with nineteen things.  I decided not to post it, though.  Didn't seem fair.  Plus, he could retaliate one day and write something about me...if he wanted to.
So, on our long journey home I got out pen and paper and we set some summer goals - ones that we both agreed on. (I know.  I ended with a preposition.)  Ones on which we both agreed.  How's that?
Anyway...we came up with a great list of things which included having neighbors over, reading three books each, making much needed visits to some, and much needed phone calls.  I also added some yardwork and he nodded yes to that one.  It involves a chainsaw.  In the end, we came up with about eleven things...and some of those are weekly.
These may not seem like noteworthy goals to you, but we are trying to make this summer count in our world.  I challenge you to come up with ideas that would benefit others this summer....or yourself.  Read more.  Visit the library.  Visit the elderly. Have a luncheon.  Make phone calls just to encourage someone.  You know what you need to do, so make a plan.
You will need a calendar, a favorite pen ;),  a phone, and perhaps a decision to get out of your comfort zone. (Mine had gotten way too big and waaayyy too comfortable.) So join me.  Redeem the time you have left this summer.  Make it count.

No comments:

Post a Comment