This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Saturday, April 5, 2014

What Is Your Reality?





As I shared with you, Tommy and I spent some time in central Texas at Camp Eagle.  Those guys live there year round.  They are an hour away from any real city, real grocery story, or real traffic and population of people.  They live among eagles, lizards, turtles, snakes - though I am so thankful I did not see any - and deer, rock squirrels by the hundreds, and a few humans.  Hmmm.  At first I thought, "This isn't the real world, though."
We met some of the guys that help run the camp.  They all greeted us warmly and asked how we were and if we needed anything.  They minister to others there.
The terrain resembled pictures I have seen of the holy land. (I have yet to visit it.)  I can imagine the disciples fishing there.  I can imagine Jesus teaching on the shore....among eagles, lizards, turtles, and snakes, and yes, humans.
Reality is where you exist.  Civilized nations often think everyone lives like them, or at least they should, but life is where you find it. The love of God is where His children are. That is reality. It looks different anywhere you go.  Tommy and I were fortunate enough to experience a slower pace for a few days.  We were refreshed.  We came home to the same issues we faced before, but with a new outlook.  We have shaken off some dusty ideas and we purpose to seek the Lord as we deal with circumstances beyond our control.
Perhaps you wish to escape your reality for a while, but it just isn't possible to do so right now.  The Lord will come alongside to encourage you and help you on your way.  May you find solace in His word.
My reality is home with the things familiar to me.  Still, it was nice to share someone else's world...and let it become real to me for just a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment