This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Let Me Not Forget



Isaiah 53:11-12  Out of the anguish of His soul He shall see and be satisfied; by His knowledge shall the Righteous One, my Servant, make many to be accounted righteous, and He shall bear their iniquities. Therefore I will divide him a portion with the many, and He shall divide the spoil with the strong, because He poured out His soul to death and was numbered with the transgressors; yet He bore the sin of many, and makes intercession for the transgressors.

Jesus makes us righteous by bearing our iniquities on the cross and dying, putting death to death.  He poured out His soul and was counted among the sinners (me) and yet he makes intercession for them (me, too) to the Father. He is our (my) High Priest.  We need no other.
Sometimes I forget the sacrificial price He paid so that I might live eternally...and I profess to love Him.  So let me not forget the suffering, the burden, the death.  May He be high and lifted up in my life as the reason for which I live.  Because there is no other reason I am here on earth.  I just forget that sometimes.
Did you  know that man's reason for existing is to bring God glory?  Well, it is.  So do that...bring Him glory. Live for Him.  It makes living worthwhile.  Oh yes, and Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment