This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Again, a Quick Note

I do not seem able to find a time when my mind is operating correctly and my body has stopped moving long enough to put words to paper/computer.  It's either or. People who like to write should do it often.  So my thought for the day is 'obedience.' Is partial obedience disobedience?  When I was little, my room could be chaos. Cleaning the bedroom meant things were shoved under the unmade bed or thrown into the closet that hid a multitude of sins...and clothes were seen trying to escape the over crowded drawers of the dresser. It made my mom sad, angry, and frustrated. (Okay, but my brothers were worse.)
Are you like that?  Do you do your best at what you are asked to do? We all have 'bosses.'  If you think that you have escaped having any authority, then think again. God is there.  Invisible, yes. Absent, no.
How many times do I read something in Scripture, become convicted about it, and then neglect to act? Many.  God's work will get done with or without me.  He is Sovereign.  He gave me a manual on how to live before Him, and have a relationship with Him....one that isn't one-sided.  I can partially obey, obey fully, or ignore it altogether.  I know, because I have done all of the above.  Allow me to say this: There is nothing more joyful and peaceful than knowing that I have worked, loved, served to the best of my ability.  A good conscience is also a by product of a task well done.
In a world of compromise and slothfulness and apathetic behavior, Lord make my will line up with Yours.  I may resist You again and again, but please do not give up on me. I belong to You.  Keep teaching me with Your perfect words from Your perfect Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment