This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Saturday, October 19, 2013

Fall 2013

Fall is here.  I haven't written much about it this year. Just look at last year's posts and hit the "repeat" button, wherever that is.  I still love it.  My house is all shades of orange. Though the temperature outside refuses to decline, it is October in my house. South Texas weather just will not yield to the calendar.
My days include menu planning, baking cookies, and creating soups for family and friends.  If I can't create a smell that delights, then a lit candle suffices.
The stores are busy filling their empty shelves with Christmas, but I won't let these amber days be stolen from me.  My first real pumpkins of the year cane from Mrs. Cole, a sweet friend. (I have found that if I give them back, she will bake me a pie!)
Though the  leaves around here will not change until mid to late November, the impostors in my house will make me smile until then. October is passing quickly.  I knew it would.  Making it count is what matters. What will you do differently today than you did yesterday?  Decide something and then do it.  I will, too.
I recently went to Round Top with Shannon and found this brown bottle.  The smaller one came from Big Lots.  They light up my kitchen counter.  Smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment