This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Psalm 139:1-10

 O LORD, you have searched me and known me! You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar. You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O LORD, you know it altogether. You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high; I cannot attain it. Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence? If I ascend to heaven, you are there! If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there! If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me. 
Psalm 139:1-10

I heard a song in the car today with the words of this Psalm in it.  It must have been titled "You Are There" because it was a repeated phrase in the lyrics.  I do not know who sang it, but it was beautiful and a choir accompanied the singer.  As I read the words to this scripture, I am reminded once again that God is Sovereign.  He goes before and comes after.  He is high and lifted up and has descended to the dark places. I find enormous comfort in knowing He is limitless and without constraints in any regard.  I am held by His right hand, wherever I go, whatever I do.  Praise His holy name for loving someone like me, who so often can't decide which direction to take or what to do next.  You, O Lord, have already been there.

No comments:

Post a Comment