This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Self-Forgetfulness


Attention all people pleasers and those that care what others think most of the time. I just finished a little book by Tim Keller.  It is one of the best books I have ever read. "The Freedom Of Self-Forgetfulness" (the path to true Christian joy).  Who doesn't want that?
Have you ever tried to forget about yourself?  It is soooo very hard.  We are such creatures of self love. Even when we say we do not love ourselves and are full of self loathing, the focus is still on......self.  Jesus tells us to love our neighbors as ourselves.  It's because we are so good at loving ourselves more than...xyz.  This book is simple and tells the truth about you and me on every page. You will not be able to escape its grasp on your heart. Less that fifty pages makes it doable for the busiest person.
It will rid you of you and lead you to a new freedom - living a life only unto Him while we are still here on earth.  Please read this book!!

No comments:

Post a Comment