This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Utah 2016 - 2 - Mae Jae


We were able to spend some Utah quality time with our four year old granddaughter, Mae.  Her middle name is Jae-yeon and we call her Mae Jae.  She is lively and happy with ideas of her own born from a vivid imagination.
Tommy turned sixty-six while we were there and YuJueng had blown up a dozen polka dotted balloons for the occasion. They floated around the house for about a week as we would kick them aside instead of just popping them.  Mae decided they needed to go to sleep, so taking a blanket from the other room, she carefully placed all the balloons on my bed (this took a while) and proceeded to somehow push them into place, hiding most of them, but not all.  Then she climbed into bed, too where I found her 'sleeping' with her 'friends.'
Flag says, "What is going on here?"


No, she isn't playing the piano...yet.  But her animals are.


Like her parents, Mae loves books. She will sit and read a mountain of books, telling her version of each one.  Library visits are routinely special - always ending with a bagful of stories and adventures.
We watched the Olympics every evening while we were there and Mae imitated the gymnasts as we ate popcorn. I'm not sure which was more entertaining.
I wish my grandchildren were not so far from each other.  I long for them to build relationships and play together.  More than that, I long for them to be forever united in Christ.
May the Lord direct their footsteps and lead them to the cross.
Bye Grammy!




No comments:

Post a Comment