This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Scary Sleepover

Four granchildren, two nieces, and a nephew make for lively overnight company.  I'm not sure what possessed me to entertain seven, but moments of insanity are common in my family and can overtake us like spontaneous combustion....and I am glad.  Between plates of spaghetti, bowls of popcorn, and brownies covered with ice cream we managed to share some giggles and a movie.
Remember "The Ghost and Mr. Chicken" with Don Knotts?  That is what we watched. They kept waiting for the chicken, but could not get past the word "ghost."  There is no ghost. There is no chicken. Therefore the following pictures will make sense.
Molly and Emma waiting to be scared.

Bella and Aubrey waiting for a ghost.

Tommy with Luke, Owen, and Ivy waiting for Mr. Chicken
Needless to say no one slept alone that night.  In fact, there was some 'bed swapping' for peace of mind.  I heard Owen say to Luke, "Could you just move your head a little closer to mine?"  And Luke did.  Emma left Molly for me. Eveyone else just figured it out.  Molly just wanted sleep after a day of volleyball games.
Whenever the kids stay with us, Tommy does a Bible story and prayer.  As they have gotten older it is so sweet to hear them take turns reading the same stories over and over again.  I love it.
Yes, they are precious...until they are scared and won't let you sleep.
I kept telling them "There is no ghost!  There is no chicken!"  And there was no sleep.




2 comments:

  1. June,
    As I sat here at work eating lunch I remembered once you told me you had a blog, so I did a google search and here you are blessing all with your sweet stories. I love reading these blogs you have posted. Never stop writing these stories they are such a blessing and so refreshing. Love and miss you my friend. May the Lord continue to bless you always... Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Tammy, thank you! I was just thinking recently about how I have neglected my blog. I probably wrote too often, but now I can barely hold a thought. You are so sweet to encourage me. May the Lord bless your day as you have blessed mine...because you have. Love you, my friend. Me

      Delete