This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Friday, August 19, 2016

Utah 2016 - 1

I am in Utah visiting my son and his family.  He is a music professor at the university and school will start soon, so I am grabbing his last days of freedom with glee.  This is our second trip to Salt Lake City and it still amazes me that a city this size with so much to do fits in a valley.  The view in every direction is breathtaking.
Like this view?












Today we visited the public library which stood several stories high and included a coffee shop, a deli, and places to browse and buy, while clear elevators ran up and down in the open spaces and you could watch people as they got off (or on) on their desired floor - just by looking up. The children's books were on the lower level which is where the girls ended up. Alongside the wall were cave-like rooms with reading chairs or benches ranging in height.  When I came to a cave that included tables, I went in and sat and wrote.
Early in the evening, we visited our third park. Salt Lake city is big on parks and being outside with the family including dogs.  I have never seen so many dogs.   I think the parks were built for them and people are just along for the ride.  This playground was phenomenal with swings, water spouts, and contraptions I had not seen before. Suddenly we were drawn to the right by music.  A stage was alive with a group playing Celtic tunes and the crowd sat before them on blankets, in lawn chairs, or around the fountain.  Still to the right of that was a beautiful flower garden that included summer's colors along with autumnal beginnings.

YuJueng on the slide


Tommy and Luke went to watch the minor league Salt Lake City Bees play.

I will be writing again about our escapades in Utah, but at the moment, we are operating on one computer and this girl cannot produce a post without time to think and plan. We leave tomorrow for Ohio where a new grandbaby awaits us.  Our lives are make richer by these times with the ones we love. We are blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment