This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

You Are Writing A Gospel...


I picked up my first Bible the other day.  My grandparents gave it to me when I was a little girl. First Bibles are special...at least mine was, and it had pictures, of course.
I write in all my Bibles.  I can't seem to help myself.  A verse will 'speak' to me, or a preacher will give the meaning of a word and I will write it in the margin.
All of the empty pages have poems, sayings, stickers, and mottos of the days when we all thought Jesus was coming back at any minute.
Remember 'One Way to Peace Through the Power of the Cross?'
 
This was my second Bible.

I used these for longer periods of time, simply because I could not afford a newer one.  I would tape them and glue them and then tape them again. I have had many Bibles since then.  Now we have them stacked on shelves for anyone's use.  Some are tattered, but it doesn't matter.  The words are the same.
This poem has stuck with me throughout the decades.

 You are writing a gospel,
A chapter each day, 
By deeds that you do,
By words that you say,
Men read what you write, whether faithful or true,
Say, what is the gospel according to you?
                                              author Paul Gilbert

Jesus is still coming back by the way and that day is closer today than it was yesterday.  I still look for it and long for it and expect it.  May the chapter I write today be a true one.

No comments:

Post a Comment