This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Labor Day Weekend 2015


We kept four of our grandchildren for the weekend. I had big plans that included houses made from boxes, feeding ducks at the park, indulging in donuts, chocolate milk, cinnamon toast, and a picnic. All did not go as planned, but does it ever?
They are all unique and uniquely loved. With every year, there are new challenges.
Ivy (3) is potty training and would announce, “It’s coming!” and then race down the hall to the IKEA potty I keep on hand for emergencies like this. Mine is green and hers at home is red. She let me know mine should be red, but she bonded with the green one none the less…and I am thankful.
Luke and Emma are nine year old twins. Luke is my lego-loving, minecraft playing, sweet-toothed young man. He is also my snuggler.
Emma is a natural dancer. She is built like her daddy – all legs – and sings like her daddy, (and mommy) but her rhythm is God- given. She is fearless and embraces life…so look out, world.
Bella (6) is a music lover, too. In fact, she hums and sings all day long no matter what she is doing. She's a little on the timid side when it comes to unfamiliar things…much like her Grammy.
Tommy and I enjoyed the full house for a change, but aches and pains accompanied Monday’s morning sun….and they were mostly mine. I am sharing some of our fun with you.  
Bella's Hut 
 Luke's Hut
 Ivy's Hut
 Emma's Hut 
This is the Village of East all aglow.



Bay Area Park...where it began to rain.


Emma has no idea how fierce geese can be but I think this goose has met his match.

Our picnic took place back home on the patio...cuz fun happens anywhere.

1 comment:

  1. Super fun!! Loved the video! I know you enjoyed this time with your grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete