This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Wisdom and Beauty in Unspoken Words


Unspoken words.  I love them.  They are beautiful and say so much.  It is the spoken ones that give the most trouble.  Just when I think I have my brain and tongue under control, they conspire to betray me - and not without my permission, sad to say.
Hasty words are seldom beneficial, and often regretted.  Why do we think our words will matter or somehow change the direction of heated outbursts?  No one communicates well in those situations and the ability to be rational is often obscured by emotions.
Where is wisdom when you want so badly to say the right thing and everything you think of to say seems wrong...but you say it anyway? Why do words fly out of our mouths so quickly?
Why do we put so much value on our thoughts and opinions anyway?
Why do we feel the need to fill airspace with noise?
Why can't we just be silent?
What if instead we just listened?
What if we swallowed our snazzy comebacks?
Be still and know...  It just might convey all you are wanting to say.
When impulses seem to be too strong for silence, be silent anyway.
Proverbs 29:20  Do you see a man who is hasty in his words? There is more hope for a fool than for him. 
Ecclesiastes 5:2  Be not rash with your mouth, nor let your heart be hasty to utter a word before God, for God is in heaven and you are on earth.THEREFORE LET YOUR WORDS BE FEW. 
Psalm 4:4  Be angry, and do not sin; ponder in your own hearts on your beds, and 
BE SILENT. 

No comments:

Post a Comment