This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Friday, September 25, 2015

The S.S. Believer



My brother in prison took a carpentry class this year and chose to build a ship.  He started in March and finished in August.  Most of the wood is scrap that he dug out of the trash.  Prisoners and guards would come by and watch him put it together, shaping it into something beautiful.
He said, "That's what we are - scraps in the trash - until the Master Craftsman picks us up and begins to work on us.  He shapes us through the time we have on earth.  He will not stop until we look like His Son, Jesus."
He is faithful to finish the task.
Philippians 1:6  And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ. 
My brother Wilbur built the ship.  My brother Owen built Tommy's pulpit (in the background) when we started the church.  A church member bought our Lord's Supper table at a garage sale for ten dollars.  God has been very good to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment