This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Saturday, June 6, 2015

Upon Waking

Waking up is hard to do...both figuratively and literally.  (Isn't there a song something like that?) Morning often occurs without permission and shows up when I am least ready for it.  My first thoughts are to remember what day it is and if it already holds a schedule for me.  This dictates how rapidly I rise. Sometimes yesterday's burdens can cloud my judgment and mar the excitement of the day ahead.  Shame on me for that...because I have a brand new day in front of me.
It is a matter of mindset.  Who gave me this very day, unused, without script or agenda?  (and even a scheduled one is unpredictable at times)  The Lord did.  He puts the unmapped hours before me, and challenges me to trust His lead.
I want to begin each day with these thoughts:
Lord, what do You want of me today?
Direct my steps and make the path clear.
I will begin with the things I know are pleasing to You and welcome any interruptions You bring. May my schedule be open, and productive.
Take these uncharted hours and glorify Yourself with them.
I can't wait to see what will happen.  Let this day be my best day.
God will never disappoint.  He has just been waiting for me to just wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment