This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Monday, June 8, 2015

Keeping Flag


Bye Mom!  Take care of Flaggy for us.  See you in a month!
My son Luke has entrusted his dog Flag to my care while he is in Korea.  They return Monday night. Life with Flag has been very different from what it was without him.  I no longer have to to worry about what to do with my time.  He will let me know when he needs attention.  Some of his needs allow me to exercise - something I never found time for before.  My floors are cleaner because of him...meaning no scraps to sweep up and plenty of reason to mop and vacuum.  He entertains my friends...and chases away the unwanted solicitors, but sometimes he gets them mixed up.  He opens our mail for us and joins in the gaiety of a birthday party, eating the tissue so that I don't have much clean up.  He loves bath time and has had three this month - and plays chase with me in order to do this.  Again with the exercise.  He likes to share...my space with me and anyone else in the room.  He even loves Bible stories with Grampy.  I won't know what to do without him, but alas, I will get to, have to find out when they leave for Iowa.
Make no mistake.  We will miss him.
My sweet friend Marcy is a dog lover.  Flag spotted it right away.
Is this from my mommy and daddy?


What?



Emma is my kind of girl.



No comments:

Post a Comment