This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Suffering In 'Class'

I wish I had paid more attention in school, though what I have learned since then might fill a small, well-written (I hope) shelf of books.  Are you with me?  The best lessons are learned after graduation when the classroom gets much larger and the subjects much harder - such as coping, hanging in there, and dealing with adults.  Need I say more?
When Jesus walked the earth, scripture tells us that all of the works He did could not be contained in books.  How purposeful and glorious His deeds must have been! (And He only lived to be about thirty-three!)
John 21:25  Now there are also many other things that Jesus did. Were every one of them to be written, I suppose that the world itself could not contain the books that would be written.
All that God allows to come my way from birth to the grave is for His glory and my good.  Each 'class' is designed to shape me and make me more like His Son Jesus. God's redeeming act of love for me caused Jesus to suffer.  If I am truly His, then the Bible says that I will suffer, too...so why be surprised?  I should be disappointed if I do not!
Romans 8:16-18  The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God,  
17 and if children, then heirs- heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.  
18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.  
Suffering comes to us all...and in many forms.  None can predict its timing, but we can be certain it will show up.  The wounds He suffered have healed us.
1 Peter 2:24   He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment