This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Watchers and Doers

Someone asked me once if I was a watcher or a doer.  I have been both.  My pace has slowed recently, due to a decision I made to slow it.  That is all it took...a decision. Moments hurried through make the past a blur.  Savoring the present brings more joy than I would have imagined.  Though I spent many years hurrying in my steps, it was not as if I was on any important mission in particular...just on to the next thing on my never ending list.  So, right now it seems I must catch my breath...but it is my choice to do so.
Watchers see life happen.  They notice the small things.  They reflect, analyze, and often gain weight from too much watching.  Okay, well, that is not my point.  They are content to observe.
Doers do life.  They take part, take charge, and find pleasure in activities.  They experience the highs that exertion can bring.  They excel.
In self analysis, 'watcher' is probably stamped on my forehead, but doing His will is my goal.
James 1:22-25   But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.  
23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror.  
24 For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like.  
25 But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing. 
Join me in being a doer who acts after looking into the perfect law of liberty...and let's do that slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment