This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Encouragement Comes in Many Forms

Encouragement is one of my gifts from God.  That sounds boastful, but it isn't.  I did nothing to merit this gift, but I need encouraging and I figure you do, too.  Maybe that is why I blog...for both of us. Anyway, I had lapsed a couple of days in my Bible reading and that is where I obtain the words most beneficial to me.  When I opened it today, a poem and a card fell out.  The card was from one of the children promoting out of my class.  I must have stuck it in my Bible when he handed it to me, planning to read it later.  So often is the case on Sundays.  I find many things tucked away in there.  It was written on bright pink paper and read -
"Dear Mrs. June, Thank you for teaching my class.  I will miss you.  James Scott."
The poem I found is written by a dear friend who does not want any credit for her thoughts on paper.  Still, it inspired me today.  So I will share it -

The Lord is pruning His garden
With pruning shears in tow,
And only those who love Him
Will yield to their awful blow.

The cuts are deep and bleeds the soul
More fruit says He, that is my goal
And you, dear one, who want to be used,
Would shirk from having your branches bruised?

Then bruise me Lord, then let me bleed
If more fruit from me is what would please
Lord, suffer me to bear the loss,
For all but You is chaff and dross.

All but You is chaff and dross.

I hope what encourages me encourages you as well.  We will stop fighting against those shears and keep pressing on with His help...and some encouragement from those around us.  All but Jesus is chaff and dross.

No comments:

Post a Comment