This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Monday, September 22, 2014

I Have This Present...

A present can be a gift.  It can also denote a short span of time...such as this present hour, minute, second. It can be both all at once. My gift is my 'now'.
You have a present, a 'now' of your own to give to something or someone. Time is passing. We have now...and now...and now.
What can we do with our 'now' presents?  The present becomes the present. Washing dishes, changing diapers, and making phone calls can all be now gifts.  Some gifts are demanded by others. It doesn't matter.  They are still gifts we give.  They are presents. Make them special by giving them in love.  Cook dinner in love.  Buy groceries in love. Scrub floors and bathtubs in love.  You can do it. I can do it. Give a smile, a hug, an encouraging word.  Someone needs your 'now' and they need it delivered in love.
When we do that, we honor the One who makes all of that love possible. Give your 'now' in love...whatever it is.

1 Corinthians 13:3  If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing. 












No comments:

Post a Comment