This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pilgrim's Progress in a Nutshell


I have read this book over and over and it blesses me each and every time.  Though the language can be as thick as mud in some places, the message is clear.  Press on.
So in very short sentences, here it is....or you can read my synopsis in the Pages section on my blog.  This one is much shorter.

The journey for Pilgrim begins.
He encounters adversaries.
He strays from the path.
God sends encouragers.
He presses on.
He becomes fearful.
He encounters scoundrels.
He takes time to rest and eat.
He makes friends.
He presses on.
He meets fools.
He is judged.
He learns.
He sees death.
He presses on.
He looks at history.
He becomes wiser.
He encounters evil.
He presses on.
He teaches others.
He challenges others.
He crosses Jordan.
He is welcomed by angels.
Weary Pilgrim, welcome Home.

The Christian is on a journey and will meet all kinds of people, and undergo much testing and trials.  Be faithful to the One who watches over your soul...and press on.

No comments:

Post a Comment