This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Thursday, May 2, 2013

May's Agenda

I want to set some goals for May.  Somehow when summer arrives, it dictates its own schedule.  Plans come out of the woodwork and anything goes on any given day....and then it's over. And then Fall arrives!!! Yay!! (smile, smile, smile)  Ok, but wait, I was writing about May.  I thought maybe if I put ideas in my blog, they might come closer to getting done.
1.  Intentionally honor my mom and Tommy's mom for Mother's Day.  Not sure how yet, but we love them and want them to know it.
2.  Beach visit. :)
3.  Read "You're Made for a God-Sized Dream" by Holley Gerth.
4.  Slow down and sit at Jesus' feet more often.
5.  Finish 2nd Samuel and reread 1st Samuel.
6.  Clean closets.
7.  Lose five pounds....it's a start. ;)
8.  Visit the nursing home.
9.  Beach visit #2.
10.  Write some letters to far away friends.
11.  Really clean my classroom at church.
12.  Plan Bible School.
13.  Do better with my Gratitude list on my blog.  (I am waaaay behind.)

These are things in the back of my head that I want to accomplish.  (I am adding them to my life this month.)  
I will let you know at the end of May if any got done at all.  Cross your fingers and wish me luck...but I don't believe in luck.

BTW - It's still snowing in Iowa.                                           Gotta love Texas.

                      


No comments:

Post a Comment