This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Sunday, May 12, 2013

An Excerpt From 'Notes To Me'


I wanted to post one of my 'notes to me' in the pages section of the blog because I might not be the only person with this problem...and it IS a problem.  Especially for us women.  We tend to be fixers and many times it ends, well, not so good.
Whenever I hear complaints, I tend to want to run around like a mad woman with a flyswatter, trying to kill the bug that is causing the problem.  Guess what?  There will always be complaints and complainers.  Sometimes they will be valid and sometimes not. There are two sides to each story.  Scripture tells us to hear both sides before forming an opinion.

Proverbs 18:17  The one who states his case first seems right, until the other comes and examines him. 

3.  You Are Not Responsible To Fix Everything
Dear Me,
Why do you think you need to step in and fix whatever people are complaining about?  It only causes you stress. You think that you must give a voice to the issue so that something will be done about it.
First of all, why is YOUR voice more important than someone else's...namely the one with the gripe?
Second of all, if it isn't YOUR complaint, leave it alone.
Once you take on an issue, it becomes yours.  You bear the brunt of being in the middle of an entangled mess.  (Reader, you can tell that I have been in that situation more than once.)
You feel you must make people happy or that you would like them to be happy with you, your family, your world.  Not everyone will be.  You are going to make decisions that some won't like.  It is okay.
The problem with you is that you want everyone to like you as much as they like everyone else.  Impossible goal.  Might as well be on a hamster wheel.  Not gonna happen.
Live unto the Lord.  Live to please Him and strive to be at peace with all men.  Jesus did not please everyone...and He was perfect.  Sometimes being at peace with all men means minding your own business.  Mind your own business.  (I had to type that twice so maybe it would sink in.)
You are a work in progress...as God takes out 'you' and replaces it with 'Him'.  (I am a slow learner and a tough cookie to work with...but He is up for the task, thankfully.)
Enough of life will come your way that only you can fix.  Wait for it.  In the meantime, press on.

No comments:

Post a Comment