This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Morning Routine

Morning routines are well....routine.  It is my habit to lay in bed and mentally go over my schedule for the day. (If my schedule is my own, I might linger under the covers a bit longer.) Smile.
If I desire for the Lord to dictate my day, my speech, my actions, my thoughts, then I must begin there, in the warm safe place....before the phone rings, before I interact with another human being, before life happens.  I must interact with Him.
No one wants me to succeed in my Christian walk more than my Father does.  I was designed - as were you - to bring Him glory.  That is it.  Our soul purpose.  It will wear many faces and look different in every situation and in every person.  That is the purpose of man - you and me - to bring God glory.
So, I will blink away my dreams, gather my wits, and seek His face.

1. I will give Him my day...and though I may have many plans made, He will direct my steps.
Proverbs 16:9  The heart of man plans his way, but the LORD establishes his steps. 

2. I will give Him my mouth.
Colossians 4:6  Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person. 

3. I will give Him my feet and hands.
1 Thessalonians 4:9-12  Now concerning brotherly love you have no need for anyone to write to you, for you yourselves have been taught by God to love one another, for that indeed is what you are doing to all the brothers throughout Macedonia. But we urge you, brothers, to do this more and more, and to aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you, so that you may live properly before outsiders and be dependent on no one. 
Psalm 119:101-102  I hold back my feet from every evil way, in order to keep your word. I do not turn aside from your rules, for you have taught me. 

4. I will give Him my attitude.
2 Corinthians 13:11  Finally, brothers, rejoice. Aim for restoration, comfort one another,agree with one another, live in peace; and the God of love and peace will be with you. 

5. I will give Him my precious time.
Ephesians 5:15-16   Look carefully then how you walk, not as unwise but as wise, making the best use of the time, because the days are evil. 

6. I will give Him my thoughts.
Philippians 4:8  Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. 

If we do these things before all else, our days will be full of purpose and meaning...for His glory alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment