This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mothers' Days




All mothers have days...filled with all kinds of things.  Young moms know all too well the routine of diapers and laundry loads, hungry faces and needed naps.  In time you will see those days for the gifts they are. 
The teenage years bring hormones with them...and sometimes they rage.  Mood swings in girls, a desire for independence in boys, and some rebellion in both - gifts of discovery and pain often, but gifts none the less.
Mothering adult children doesn't really work.  They are done being mothered, but not done with the mothers themselves....I hope.  A simple hug and smile from them brings sweet joy. 
And then comes the role reversal years, when moms are mothered and cared for by their children. Selfless gifts.
A cycle called life.  "It passes all too quickly," everyone says, but until you are older, it is just an oft repeated sentence.  
I love my mom and my mom-in law.  I love my daughter, Jana and my daughters-in-law, Shannon and YuJueng...all of them moms this year.  So Happy Mother's Day to them and to you, too.  It doesn't take much to make us moms happy...any phone call, card, or picked flower from a field or dandelions will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment