This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Stop and Think...about Easter

As we draw closer to Easter Sunday, it is easy for us to lose focus. We are sidetracked by the things in front of us and so we 'put off' meditating on the eternal.  We are so man-centered that we believe our list of things to do MUST be done and our schedules MUST be kept, lest out lives fall apart and something is left for tomorrow..which by the way may never come.
Easter is Hope for mankind.  It is redemption.  It ripped the veil in the Holy of Holies that we might have direct access to God the Father, Creator of the universe. What in the world could matter more?  Take time...to think about that.  God loved us so much that He killed His own Son to manifest His power over evil and set us free.  Free from our sin and its guilt.  He was not surprised at the cross.  He planned it all along.  Do not overlook Easter.  It is the greatest picture of love you will ever see or know.  Rejoice in that today.

No comments:

Post a Comment