This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Monday, March 4, 2013

Invisible Women

Sometimes, we as women feel invisible, don't we?  It isn't a nice feeling.  There are loads of laundry to wash, kids to care for, husbands to submit to, family to reach out to, groceries to buy, meals to cook, etc.etc.etc.  Invisible people do not do those things. Have you ever been talking to someone and suddenly they are off somewhere else and you are still finishing your sentence? It is a reminder to me to pay attention to the person in front of me and be totally there.
Jim Elliott, missionary to the Aucas once said, "Wherever you are, be all there."  I am guilty of being elsewhere when someone is talking to me.  Please forgive me if it was you.
None of us are invisible women.  The Lord God sees and hears all. Our deeds are done unto Him anyway...or at least they should be. Our words should be kind and helpful or perhaps they are not worth saying.  I have said many words not worth saying. Remember that what we do here on earth counts for eternity...and that we are not out for man's praise.  So, do the next thing in front of you as unto the Lord with all your heart, soul, and mind.  It will energize you and bring Him glory.  It is all that matters, anyway.











No comments:

Post a Comment