This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Monday, December 17, 2012

Connecticut

Headline news...tragic and heartbreaking and senseless...lives taken by a violent act in a place thought to be safe.  Families turned upside down. Their anguish has been so public, being captured on film by those eager to be the first to tell each detail. Then it quietly hides - away from the eyes of the nation...into the secret places where every day they shared meals, helped their children with homework, tucked them into bed, made their lunches.  Those daily routines are changed forever.
Names of people we have never heard of, will never know.  I could continue to write about Christmas...because it will still happen. Life's amusing episodes will still take place and make me laugh.  All of my children and grandchildren will be here this holiday season...and more than ever I will cherish each moment we have together.
The One who sees it all will someday make something good out of this.  I cannot see it now and would not even suggest that they try. My heart aches for them.  I grieve with them and for them.  Their pain is raw...like an open wound that will not heal.
May the Lord of peace, comfort, and love surround these that have lost precious loved ones...and may He be so very real to them, even now.  Father, please do what only You can do...and show them Jesus.
Psalm 46:1  God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. 

No comments:

Post a Comment