This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Energy and Its Source

Who in the world are all these children?
I ran out of energy during the holidays when I needed it most.  My house was full of munchkins and big people acting like munchkins and the fun and frolicking was endless...for most.  At one point, there were fifteen sleepers throughout my abode and they were aboding everywhere.  (They left evidence behind, too.)
On one of those hectic days, my hubby Tommy came to me and said, "Get out."  Now, most wives would never want to hear those words from their husbands, but I smiled and said, "Really?" and headed for the door without so much as an 'adios.'
I made stops at two stores, was gone maybe two hours, and returned a new person.  It was amazing how big a change was made in so little time.
I can't say I felt no guilt, even though I had been ordered to go, but a wise and younger friend of mine made me realize something.  She told me that some people are energized by being around other people and some get their energy from being alone.  I am of the latter persuasion and had had no time at all to unwind, take a breath, or regroup with myself...if that is at all possible to do - but you know what I mean.
God created each of us from a different mold, and He never makes mistakes. If I had not been able to leave and be refreshed, He would have given me everything I needed to do all that needed to be done. Often we as women run on hamster wheels that do not stop, much to our detriment. Our output needs to match our input, though at times we are putting out from a depleted supply without realizing it. Know yourself.  If a quick getaway is not possible, then refill by leaning on the Lord for the steps ahead. He already knows exactly what you need.
Tommy sent me away because he was willing to man the ship while I was gone...along with Matt and Jana. This is what the ship looked like most of the time.
Let's see...which one is the cutest?
Matt in charge of breakfast.
Movie night.
This...
and that.




My sister Rita showed up with her twins because we needed more kids!
Girl camp.
Boy camp.
The A Team.
Planning strategies or making peace?
Rascals.
Female warriors.
Bella, my kitchen helper.
Ivy and Aunt Jana cutting carrots.
Best buds.
Toys in the beds, under the beds, and this is why.
Dance routine in the bathroom starring Emma and Addie.
Two Bellas.  Isabella and Bella.
Nothing says Merry Christmas like an elf (TJ) and his dinosaur.
Ivy says, "I'm done."
Me too, chick.




.











No comments:

Post a Comment