This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Thursday, December 24, 2015

(4) The Zeal of the Lord

Isaiah 9:7  on the throne of David and over his kingdom, to establish it and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from this time forth and forevermore. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will do this. 
I think I can safely say that my zeal would in no way match God's. My zeal has limits.
Albert Barnes' commentary says that "the establishment of this kingdom was an object of intense and ardent desire on the part of Yahweh. It is also implied that nothing else than the zeal of Yahweh could do it." He goes on to say:
1. "That if Yahweh feels so intense a desire for this, then the subjects of the Messiah's reign should also feel this."  (That's us, guys.)
2. "If Yahweh feels this zeal, and if he will certainly accomplish this, then Christians should be encouraged in their efforts to spread the gospel. His purpose to do this is their only encouragement - and a sufficiant encouragement - to excite their zeal in this great and glorious work." 
So, let's be zealous about sharing Christ. God sent His only Son, Jesus to save us from our sin.  Isn't there someone you know that doesn't know this?  Ask them...then tell them. Get some zeal out of your back pocket and wear it well. While you're at it, remember the door is open for communicating what the birth of Christ really means. Be the first to say, "MERRY CHRISTMAS!"
This is last year's picture, but we only look one year older now...basically the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment