This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Saturday, December 19, 2015

(4) Of Peace There Will Be No End

Isaiah 9:7  Of the increase of his government and of peace there will be no end, on the throne of David and over his kingdom, to establish it and to uphold it with justice and with righteousness from this time forth and forevermore. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will do this. 
Our minds we cannot comprehend endlessness. Forever for us is only until we die and the only time that matters is now, while we are alive. Never ending peace and everlasting joy is promised to those that love Him and live for Him. Eternity with no stagnancy or status quo - no ordinary, no boredom because boredom is a product of ungratefulness and only sinless perfection will exist before the Father. There will be no limit to His glory, Jesus' exaltation, and every minute will be better than the last. Only God can do this.
But what about now?  For the Christian, eternity begins at salvation.  We can enjoy the benefits of belonging to the Lord, live in His grace, experience His perfect peace, unconditional love, and boundless joy. Of peace there will be no end. That is my favorite. (I have many favorites.)
Peace - the kind that allows me to walk through a storm without fear - the kind that keeps my heart where it belongs and not in my throat during stressful moments - the kind that binds me with the Father in confidence, knowing that He goes before me and walks behind me and alongside me - this peace is measureless and given with favor to help me live in it daily.
The Lord Jesus is King Eternal.  He is on His throne until He  gloriously rises to bring His children home. In the meantime, investigate and discover the value of knowing and living in His peace.
Of it there will be no end.  Hallelujah!
Glory to God in the Highest and on earth...peace.
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment