This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Paul - Not the Apostle

I am teaching first graders this year in Sunday School.  In the history of our church, I have never taught only one grade..until now.  Don't you just love first graders?  Well, I do.  It's as if light bulbs glow over their heads revealing that maybe the light is also glowing in their hearts as God's truths are taught.
Paul is one of my students and is unpredictable at best.  He is currently missing his two front teeth, so all of his "s's" sound like "sh's", but it does not in any way keep him from sharing his thoughts.
One Sunday we were talking about the wide road to Hell and the narrow road to Heaven. Another boy commented, "Everyone is going to Heaven if they are good."
To which Paul replied with this head cocked, "Not necessarily." Only it sounded like, "Neshesharily." (Yes, he is a theologian, unreserved in telling the painful truth.)
After Thanksgiving, I asked the children what their favorite food was and Paul yelled out "pizza!"
I gave him a look and he then said, "I was jusht trying to be funny."
He is extremely well versed in scripture and it is obvious he is taught the Word at home.
He once described his plan to surprise his parents while camping.  He was going to hook up a speaker next to their cots and speak into it at night while they were asleep and scare them. But, as most good plans go undone, he had no speakers.  Alas...
Paul is number seven of nine children.  He is making his mark amidst a sea of voices with his humor.
Last Sunday in class, we put nativity stickers on a paper manger.  Paul put the donkey next to the camel. He said they were hanging out together.
Me: "So, what is the donkey saying?  Heehaw?"
Paul: "No. He is ashking the camel, 'How many camelsh does it take to shcrew in a lightbulb?'"
At that point, my laughter exploded.  This is a fun year.
And so....MERRY CHRISTMAS!! to camels and donkeys alike.



No comments:

Post a Comment