This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Taxi Drivers

I can remember as a little girl, riding in a taxi with my grandmother from here to there and back again because my grandparents did not own a car.  Ever.  The taxi driver would make light conversation with her while other voices came in over the radio, dictating his/her next pick up and delivery.
Today there are moms who drive 'taxis' - delivering their livestock to school, soccer games, ballet, piano, and karate - according to the wishes of those on board.  Only in these cases, it is often the driver handing over the cash.
We've all been driven somewhere by someone.  Sometimes the driver is unaware of the passenger, and vice-versa.  Often we claim in such instances that the 'destination' is insanity as in "You are driving me crazy." To which one might reply, "Well, it's a short trip."  And thus the ride is made a little longer.
I myself have driven my kids mad just by singing off key or telling unfunny jokes...on purpose.  They have done the same to me using their own unique methods of torture.
Life's circumstances are often beyond our contol and we are driven, pushed, prodded, even catapulted, and dumped before the throne of God.  People are tools in the Lord's hands to be used by Him for His own glory. He will bring us to Himself by whatever means necessary. Drivers wear many faces: that of a family member, a friend, an illness, an addiction, rejection, heartache, grief, and worry. They can be ugly and offensive and corrupt.  How we arrived is not as important as the fact that we ended up helpless before the Helper, with nowhere else to go and no other solution or answer. Sometimes, the cross is the end of the line.
Therefore be thankful.  Each and every trial is meant to direct our attention to Christ. Though we might arrive beaten and crippled, we can leave strengthened in His might.  Let us be grateful for everyone and every thing that drove us to this point. It is always, always for our good.  So, the next time you and I are dropped off at the feet of Jesus, let's ask Him for an extra portion of His love for those taxi drivers because they need it, too.
2 Corinthians 4:8-11  We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our bodies. For we who live are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment