This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Monday, October 19, 2015

It Does Get Easier, But...


Ezra 9:6  "O my God, I am ashamed and blush to lift my face to you, my God, for our iniquities have risen higher than our heads, and our guilt has mounted up to the heavens."

Recently I was listening to John MacArthur speaking on a discussion panel.  The subject was personal holiness.  He said that his students once asked him if it ever got any easier to live a holy life.
His answer was, "Yes, but the guilt you bear from sinning will grieve you more and the burden will be heavier."
I have to agree.  The longer I serve the Lord, and desire to walk closely with Him, the deeper agony I feel when I fail Him.  It is love that makes the difference in my life.  As I have sought to love Him more, I am more grieved when I disobey and sin.
May we never be comfortable with our sinful choices.  May they instead become increasingly distasteful and repulsive to us as we grow in His grace and love and may their weight cause us to abandon all that comes between us and our Lord Jesus.

Colossians 3:14-15  And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony. And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment