This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Monday, July 6, 2015

Peace...in the Pages

I try - from time to time - to add to my 'Notes to Me From Life' in the sidebar of my blog, but I have trouble finding time to write myself notes on real paper so as not to forget anything.  And so I forget....
Anyway, I am in love with peace.  It breaks down all walls of anxiety with a vengeance.

14.  Peace
Dear Me,
Peace is without a doubt your goal for each day.  I don't mean silence... because you could stay inside your house and experience that all by yourself.  I mean peace that comes in the midst of any crowd, whether the noise level is deafening or barely an audible whisper.
Nothing compares to facing the trials of this world with the peace that passes all understanding. It is not swayed by or dependent on events or words.   Instead, it is the calm assurance of knowing He has already planned each of your days ahead of time.  Now live them.
Jesus said, "My peace I give to you."
And I answer, "Thank you very much.  I'll take it."
John 14:27  Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment