This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Saturday, July 25, 2015

Integrity

I have made mention before that I have a brother in prison.  We correspond on a regular basis and I try to see him every other month or so.  His recent letters have had me digging into scripture.  He picks a topic and sends me the references and I look them up and thus the discussion begins...in written form.  Thankfully, we have a bible program on our computer and I printed up seven pages of verses.  (Sheesh!)  His discourse this time was on integrity - finding it, losing it, and regaining it.
This is an awesome subject for him and it opened my eyes as well.
Integrity exists out in the open AND behind closed doors.  It is who we are when NO ONE is looking, but God.  It sustains us as we wait on the Lord for answers to our questions and teaches us patience.  We can be sure of our footing when integrity rules our hearts, because there is nothing hidden in our agendas. The arrows of slander that are thrown do not stick and it is the Lord who shields us.
Integrity, once lost, can be hard to regain - and maintain.  The Lord Jesus is our only Standard. So whether we have failed in this area and are striving to regain our integrity, or we are just doing our best to walk worthy of the Lord's call on our lives, we must keep our eyes on the One who sees our every motive and intent.  We have His word to guide us.  Oh, that we might walk as Job did, and bring our Lord much glory, so that He might consider us as well.  Press on.
Titus 2:7-8 Show yourself in all respects to be a model of good works, and in your teaching show integrity, dignity, and sound speech that cannot be condemned, so that an opponent may be put to shame, having nothing evil to say about us. 
Job 2:3 And the LORD said to Satan, "Have you considered my servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, who fears God and turns away from evil? He still holds fast his integrity, although you incited me against him to destroy him without reason."
Psalm 25:21 May integrity and uprightness preserve me, for I wait for you.
Psalm 101:2 I will ponder the way that is blameless. Oh when will you come to me? I will walk with integrity of heart within my house;
Proverbs 2:7 he stores up sound wisdom for the upright; he is a shield to those who walk in integrity,
Proverbs 10:9 Whoever walks in integrity walks securely, but he who makes his ways crooked will be found out.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment