This is just a blog about my thoughts, my family, my everyday life. Because I am a Christian and have ups and downs like everyone else, I hope it will encourage others to either turn to Christ for the first time, or lean on Him when times are rough. Often life is just random and funny. I started this blog after many years of writing to my church about our vacations. They began to encourage me to blog and finally I am. Thanks for reading.

"Behold, upon the mountains, the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace!" Nahum 1:15

God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him. John Piper

Friday, July 17, 2015

Goodness in My Week


Daily I try to ask God to dictate my time and even though this week each day seemed full, it was also very fulfilling.  He gave me opportunities to minister to my mom who has been recuperating from a hospital stay, and to work in my yard - weeding, pruning, and tossing plants.  (I know some Farmer's Almanac somewhere would tell me it's the wrong time of year for some of that, but none the less, I found great pleasure in doing it.)
A friend texted me and we planned a spontaneous lunch.  I see her every Sunday, but there is never time for a lengthy conversation - just passing well wishes.
A young girl brought an elderly woman (along with a pumpkin pie) to visit my mom.  I'm not sure which she enjoyed more - the pie or the company.  Just a small window of time given to lift someone's spirits brings glory to the Lord.
Later in the week, I hired some worker bees to clean out her garage - a daunting task at best. I mean down right nasty, daunting task.  It isn't the fault of my mom: it is her good-naturedness that over the years has said, "Sure you can store your (fill in the blank) in my garage" until it has decayed into pieces unidentifiable...and I am not kidding.
She is aging, but if she lives to be a hundred, that garage had to be dealt with.  This was the week. My headhunter Jeremy found two willing subjects to take on the job.  Well done, boys...I mean young men.  You have served your country well, ridding it of a varmint's hideout and what I am sure must have been some obscure diseases fermenting in makeshift petri dishes.  (I had to look up "petri" as I had an "e" on the end, which is acceptable, but not actually correct.  Blogging does teach me something.)
Today I hosted some lovely ladies for lunch.  We have not had a chance to visit together in many months, so it was a treat to treat.  I am fortunate that these girls hang with me from time to time. They keep me young and I thank God for their precious friendships.
I also wrote on my calendar for the first time this year.  I bought it in January, but just could not manage a schedule for a while.  It stressed me.  Living as the Lord dictated - as He brought people and events to mind was freeing.  I did many wonderful things without the benefit of a written plan. However, Fall is fast approaching and I've decided to set some things in motion, following His lead first.  Hopefully, my choice to watch the days pass with scrawled reminders will not hinder my new perspective.  I live unto the Lord above...and all that He brings to pass is good.  Very good...and so are those I meet along the way.
Titus 3:8  The saying is trustworthy, and I want you to insist on these things, so that those who have believed in God may be careful to devote themselves to good works. These things are excellent and profitable for people. And I am one of them.

Before...

After!
Two tired hombres...Andrew and Keison.  (Jeremy was inside talking with my mom as she showed him highschool pictures of me and he kept razzing me with texts as I ate lunch with the girls below.)  I know who did all the work here.

Hannah, Victoria, Tori, and Madi

No comments:

Post a Comment